Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Princ. Reliability Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principle Reliability Engineer to support our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA office.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Principle Reliability Engineer for tactical missile system development, production and sustainment programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts
- Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer and governmental agency reliability objectives.
- Develops reliability analyses (e.g. reliability predictions, FMECAs, Fault Tree), reviews Engineering Change Proposals, and generates formal whitepapers and failure reports.
- Develops reliability program growth plans and conducts reliability growth analysis.
- Supports program Engineering Configuration Change Board (CCB), Corrective Action Board (CAB) and Failure Review Boards (FRB), as required.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement based on review of failure data and supports development and implementation of system design improvements.
- Identifies Failure Review and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) trends to identify and prioritize failure modes to investigate for corrective actions.
- Supports design reviews and test activities, as needed. Supports subcontractor evaluation, selection and coordination activities with respect to reliability needs.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in systems and hi-tech product development.
- Minimum B.S. engineering degree.
- Strong electrical background with a good mechanical understanding.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Knowledge of Reliability Engineering design practices.
- Experience conducting Reliability efforts and testing and verification to include experience with performing reliability predictions, FMECA (failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis), and fault tree analysis.
- Experience with Windchill Quality Solutions Reliability software tool or equivalent tool.
- Experience with reliability program growth plans, and reliability growth analysis/growth curves.
- Experience with RAM Scoring.
- Experience with reliability FRACAS (failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system) and data mining.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical concepts and analysis.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings/schematics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, technical writing experience, and an ability to perform oral presentations in front of large groups.
- Ability to communicate findings to customers and management.
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with very little or no direction.
- Analytical thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and innovation.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Sneak Circuit Analysis knowledge.
- Safety engineering knowledge.
- Human Factors Engineering knowledge.
- Familiarity and ability to model systems with US Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA) Reliability Growth Planning Models (PM2-Continuous and PM2-Discrete), Reliability Growth Tracking Model (RGTM-C), Reliability Growth Projection Models (ACPM, AMPM, and ADPM), and Reliability Test Planning Tools (IPT-C and IPT-D).
- Ability to review presentations, emails, white papers, trade studies, and reports for content and accuracy.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This location has a 9/80 Schedule; which means every other Friday off!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years