Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Princ. Test Technician(s)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Defense Electronics Systems is a division of the Orbital ATK Defense Group. Our facility in Northridge, CA currently has openings for two (2) Principal Test Technicians to support the Defense Electronics Systems Production Team.
- Candidate will perform acceptance tests on complex electronics including functional analog and digital tests as well as engineering evaluation tests.
- Candidate will perform complex RF performance testing of high frequency radar systems and passive radar signal receivers.
- Familiarity with standard RF test equipment: multi-meter, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, signal generators, power meter, power supplies.
- The ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling electronics units.
- Follow aerospace standards including AS9100
- Experience in supporting various tests, from sub systems including specifying instrumentation requirements through higher level Final Acceptance Tests
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have team-oriented attitude, accountability and ownership.
- At least 5 years electronic experience
- The ability to obtain a Department of Defense SECRET Security Clearance is mandatory
Education and Experience
Generally requires HS & 6 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED