Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr I&T Engineer - IRBM Program
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products. Generally work from preliminary studies developed by higher graded engineers. Analyze requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems. Select applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the product. Release results as design data after review by higher graded engineer. Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary design concepts. Evaluate completed design with supervisor and other technical groups and make modification necessary to achieve the most ideal design. Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs requires to evaluate design work.
- Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Sr. I&T Engineer to provide support as part of our Systems Engineering Integration & Test team in our Huntsville, AL office.
- Role Description & Responsibilities:
- The Sr. I&T Engineer will serve in a support role for the IRBM/ICBM Program requiring the candidate to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Daily responsibilities require direct contact with launch vehicle flight hardware and solid rocket motors.
- The Sr. I&T Engineer will support development/maintenance/execution of the concept of operation for all integration and test activities from development through launch.
- Specific duties may include:
- Hands on testing at a systems level.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems.
- Coordinating integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations.
- Incorporating design changes on work in process or completed assemblies; documenting and dispositioning hardware discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions.
- Designing and developing tooling to aid in the integration and test process.
- Evaluating and implementing Lean solutions to decrease cycle times.
- Hands on integration experience with multiple sub-systems or components is required.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Experience Preferred:
- A strong experienced-based and academic foundation in Systems Engineering fundamentals is desired.
- Experience with Northrop Grumman LVD SEIT standards/guidelines and expectations is desired.
- Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings, presentation, negotiation) is desired.
- System testing and launch operations experience is desired.
- Experience working with operational hazards such as propulsive devices, pressurized systems, overhead lifting, high voltage systems is desired.
- Skills to write test procedures and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and has passed all required tests.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
Candidate must have a DoD Secret level security clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years