Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr I&T Engineer - IRBM Program
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’ s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products. Generally work from preliminary studies developed by higher graded engineers. Analyze requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems. Select applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the product. Release results as design data after review by higher graded engineer. Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary design concepts. Evaluate completed design with supervisor and other technical groups and make modification necessary to achieve the most ideal design. Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs requires to evaluate design work.
- Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. I&T Engineer to provide support as part of our Systems Engineering Integration & Test team in our Huntsville, AL office.
- Role Description & Responsibilities:
- The Sr. I&T Engineer will serve in a support role for the IRBM/ICBM Program requiring the candidate to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Daily responsibilities require direct contact with launch vehicle flight hardware and solid rocket motors.
- The Sr. I&T Engineer will support development/maintenance/execution of the concept of operation for all integration and test activities from development through launch.
- Specific duties may include:
- Hands on testing at a systems level.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems.
- Coordinating integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations.
- Incorporating design changes on work in process or completed assemblies; documenting and dispositioning hardware discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions.
- Designing and developing tooling to aid in the integration and test process.
- Evaluating and implementing Lean solutions to decrease cycle times.
- Hands on integration experience with multiple sub-systems or components is required.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Experience Preferred:
- A strong experienced-based and academic foundation in Systems Engineering fundamentals is desired.
- Experience with Orbital ATK LVD SEIT standards/guidelines and expectations is desired.
- Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings, presentation, negotiation) is desired.
- System testing and launch operations experience is desired.
- Experience working with operational hazards such as propulsive devices, pressurized systems, overhead lifting, high voltage systems is desired.
- Skills to write test procedures and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and has passed all required tests.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
Candidate must have a DoD Secret level security clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years