Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Program Scheduler
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Senior Program Scheduler to develop and maintain program Integrated Master Schedules for our Defense Electronics Systems team in at the Northridge, CA location.
Senior Program Scheduler Position:
The Senior Program Scheduler will create, maintain and status network based schedules in support of aerospace engineering development programs using Microsoft Project version 2010.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Fully understands critical path schedule network processing, driven by logic, durations and date constraints.
- Experience with IMP/IMS schedule structure as well as schedules based on Work Breakdown Structures.
- Ability to develop schedules that are traceable to the Statement of Work.
- Full understanding of EVMS and experience with developing schedules that integrate with EVMS financial systems.
- Ability to create and implement coding structures and use custom fields to generate schedule exception reports relative to the SOW, WBS, IMP/IMS, EVMS, time, manager and float values, etc.
- Experience with schedule health metrics, including the DCMA 14-point assessment criteria.
- Experience with exporting schedule data to Excel to create productivity metric charts.
- Experience with both critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis.
- Experience with resource loading schedules, including both labor and material.
- Exposure to MRP systems and have the ability to align program schedules with the manufacturing system.
- Be motivated to work independently with minimum supervision to gather schedule inputs required to create and maintain schedules, but still understand the importance of being a contributing team member.
- Experience with initiating program change requests to document schedule baseline changes for baseline control.
- Experience with Milestones Pro (or equivalent) to electronically create top level presentation schedule charts.
- Exposure to the DCMA schedule baseline review and audit process and knowledge of their schedule guidelines, including vertical and horizontal schedule traceability.
- Familiarity with the schedule integration of external customer or subcontractor program activity.
- A BA or BS degree, preferably in business or engineering.
- Ability to obtain DOD security clearance.
- 5-7 years of experience in aerospace or construction scheduling.
- Proficient in MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment (Ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment.)
- High energy, results oriented (commitment to follow up), self-motivated /self-reliant, proactive, team player
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Project Management, Electrical Systems, Production