Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Program Admin. Specialist
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, a
Orbital ATK, Defense Electronics Division is looking for a full time Program Administrative Specialist who is a team-oriented self-starter with strong interpersonal, customer service and verbal communications to support our Advanced Warfare Systems department in Northridge, CA.
Orbital ATK DES is a leading, innovative supplier of missile systems, tactical propulsion, fuzing, warheads, missile components, missile warning systems and special mission aircraft. Our business complements and enhances Orbital ATK’s menu of products in the commercial and defense marketplaces.
Brief Position Description:
The program administrative specialist will work closely with cross functional teams to support successful program execution. This individual will perform various tasking mainly supporting program, contracts and supply chain management.
- Coordinate organization and documentation of team meetings
- Assist in maintaining program calendars and team dashboards
- Perform CostPoint data entry for Sales Orders and Project Set-ups
- Train employees on CostPoint functionality and Cognos reports
- Assist with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) implementation
- Assist with communicating contract deliverables and the creation of standardized Contract Briefs inherent within CostPoint
- Assist with correspondence and standardized submittals to internal and external customers
- Track contract requirements and metrics
- Run reports through the use of computerized systems and work collaboration tools.
- Support Proposal efforts and Contract Closeout Activities
- Support Supply Chain with administrative tasks where necessary
- Organize Supplier tours and surveillance communication
- Support Purchase Order Management, Metrics and Supplier alerts
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 years administrative support experience, preferably in the Defense/Aerospace industry, working on complex assignments requiring considerable independent judgement and initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010
- Experience with SharePoint and CostPoint preferred
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with cross-functional internal team members, as well as external customers; may act as lead on some initiatives or coordinate the work of others.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'?ll be amazed at what you can do!
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: SharePoint, Business Development, Administrative