Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer - Algorithm_ LIDAR
Engineering and Sciences
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
- Senior Staff Electrical Engineer and technical lead for Millimeter-wave (MMW) and other active radar systems
- Diagnose MMW issues, analyze MMW data, evaluate MMW signal processing algorithms and hardware
- Critically review, implement and test new signal processing and image processing techniques and algorithms
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide and implement technical solutions to MMW system problems
- Grow into position as MMW technical lead / representative
- Interact with other MMW experts and senior engineers
- Help coordinate issue resolution between various engineering disciplines
- Analyze MMW data, evaluate MMW performance and support MMW flight data analysis
- Identify MMW signal processing algorithm and hardware issues as they arise
- Help troubleshoot and diagnose MMW production issues at subsystem and RF processor levels
- Improve production MMW subsystem tests and procedures
- Grow into signal and image processing algorithm design subject matter expert (SME)
- Grow into automatic target recognition (ATR), pattern recognition and classification SME
- BS Engineering or Physics degree and at least 9 years’ experience or at least an MS Engineering or Physics degree and at least 7 years in a radar related industry. M.S. or higher degree and DoD contractor experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding of radar or RF systems and their algorithms
- In-depth understanding and application of radar technical expertise
- Good understanding of detector theory and detection algorithms
- Knowledge of Software-Defined Radio (SDR) and Electronic Protection(EP)/Electronic Warfare(EW) preferred
- Good understanding of classification and pattern recognition techniques preferred
- Good understanding of Automatic Target Recognition techniques preferred
- Ability to determine causes of MMW system issues, both software and hardware, as well as provide solutions
- Independently determines and develops technical objectives of assignments
- Innovative problem solving
- Works with minimal direction
- Skills in programming: Matlab required
- Demonstrated experience in the development and production of radar systems.
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance required. Active secret security clearance preferred.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.Job Type:
Full TimeDesired Travel:
less than 25%Years of Experience: