Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Material Science Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Researches, analyzes, designs and tests materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineered applications. Without detailed direction, guides the program and/or project team in detailed technical applications including basic laboratory analytical test methods associated with the principles of chemistry, physics, and/or material science and engineering. Develop original ideas and develop implementation plans or general test program to evaluate new materials of products and processes.
- Creates new product requirements and manages requirement change, under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Creates and manages both original and revised specification documents for a project and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Creates and modifies management tracking reports for a variety of products engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins. Support proposal-writing efforts for process, product and/or material science engineering for a portion of a project. Provides data to risk management to assist in the identification of potential risks and trade study processes.
- Creates new process and manufacturing methods requirements and manages requirement change, under direction of more experienced engineers. Creates and manages original and revised material science control and process control documents for a project and expedites documents through signature approval process. Creates and modifies management tracking reports for a variety of process engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and process capabilities.
- Creates new material science and material lab control methods requirements and manages requirement change, under direction of more experienced engineers. Creates and modifies management tracking reports for a variety of material sciences engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and material science capabilities.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
Specific training and/or experience in the principles of chemistry, physics, or any of the specific domains of material science or materials engineering. Preferred degrees are in the fields of chemistry, chemical engineering, material science and material science engineering.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years