Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This Orbital ATK Defense Electronics Systems position is for a Technical Director (Chief Engineer) for an ACAT- 1 Tactical Missile Development program. The position requires state-of-art expertise in weapon system design, systems engineering, software engineering, mechanical engineering, RF Systems, Guidance, Navigation and Controls, aerodynamics, aircraft integration, solid rocket motors and warheads. Familiarity with RADAR systems, EW systems, and other signal processing systems and methods is preferred. System design and engineering development and transition-to-production experience is necessary as this position will require technical leadership and know-how in transitioning engineering development systems to full rate production. Skills and experience in multi-discipline engineering, systems integration and test are essential. As Technical Director at the Prime Contractor level, the successful candidate will be expected to be the primary technical advocate and liaison with the DoD customer community, OQ Senior Leadership, the Supply Base and other stakeholder’s for these systems.
The successful candidate is expected to have significant experience with overall project technical direction and leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Senior technical engineer assigned to the development of a major new missile program technology maturation, engineering development and transition to initial/full rate production. (LRIP/FRP) and sustainment phases.
- Senior technical engineer responsible for the total integration of the airframe, subsystems and new RF systems for a primary tactical missile program.
- Identify capital, facility, and other resource requirements to secure discretionary funding to support development and transition to production needs.
- Ensure appropriate program technical staffing, hiring plans, and staff development are coordinated & aligned with Engineering and Program Management.
- Familiarity with engineering lab needs for Software and Hardware development and coordinate with Engineering/Program Management on capability needs and capacity strategy.
- Be the technical SME and liaison with the customer, program leadership, executive leadership, and other customer stakeholders
- Lead and conduct technical reviews and readiness reviews to assure quality of the design artifacts
- Support proposal development and substantiation of related contract activities
- Lead a diverse engineering team through the development of an ACAT-1 Missile Development program.
- 20+ years minimum experience in Missile Development, transition from Technology Development to EMD, EMD to Limited Rate Production and product life-cycle engineering.
- 15 years minimum experience in leadership of technical teams to include in-house development and subcontractor activities
- BS degree in Physics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required; MS preferred
- Multi-disciplinary engineering experience desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present complex topics with vision and clarity (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated history of technical progression leading to a chief engineering leadership position.
- Active security clearance required; top secret with a current investigation preferred.
Experience in leading cross-functional project teams or engineering teams. Experience leading and developing staff, including performance and compensation management, proven mentoring and coaching skills, managing conflict and administering performance improvement plans as needed.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years