Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Princ I&T Engineer ICBM/MRBM-T3c2 Programs (SEIT)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products. Generally work from preliminary studies developed by higher graded engineers. Analyze requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems. Select applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the product. Release results as design data after review by higher graded engineer. Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary design concepts. Evaluate completed design with supervisor and other technical groups and make modification necessary to achieve the most ideal design. Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs requires to evaluate design work.
- Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Integration and Test engineer to provide leadership of the C4 motor processing coordination efforts that will be conducted at Orbital ATK - Promontory, Utah for the ICBM and MRBM-T3c2 target programs.
- This position will reside in Chandler, AZ with regular travel to Orbital ATK Promontory, Utah.
- Role Description & Responsibilities:
- The ICBM/MRBM-T3c2 Integration and Test Promontory C4 Motor Lead is required to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment with minimal oversight/direction.
Daily responsibilities require direct contact with launch vehicle flight hardware and solid rocket motors.
The candidate will development/maintain and help execute the concept of operation for all integration and test activities related to the C4 motor that are conducted at Orbital ATK Promontory.
Specific duties may include:
- Hands on testing at a systems level.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems.
- Coordinating integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations.
- Incorporating design changes on work in process or completed assemblies; documenting and dispositioning hardware discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions.
- Designing and developing tooling to aid in the integration and test process.
- Evaluating and implementing Lean solutions to decrease cycle times.
- Maintaining incorporation of lessons learned/best practices between the ICBM and MRBM-T3c2 target programs as they pertain to C4 motor design, integration and testing.
- Hands on integration experience with multiple sub-systems or components is required.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to generate and document launch vehicle procedures.
- Some interface with program management, engineering staff and external customers is expected.
- The candidate should be willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>40 hrs/wk) to meet deadlines.
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously.
- The candidate should possess demonstrated customer interface / external stakeholder soft skills to maintain strong working relationships between Orbital ATK divisions.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Candidate is desired, but not required to have a DoD Secret level security clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 50-75%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years