Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. Develops and maintains detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes. Dispositions discrepant hardware. Provides suggestions to improve productivity. Provides day-to-day support to manufacturing personnel. Determines requirements for tools/fixtures.
- Coordinates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues.
- Coordinates with production on day-to-day activites. Resolves routine manufacturing process issues and assists in the resolution of complex manufacturing process issues.
- Evaluates discrepant hardware. Conducts root cause/corrective action investigations using multiple tools; 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagram, 5D, etc.
- Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support manufacturing activities.
- Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Educates/trains operators on new and existing processess.
- Incorporate engineering changes on work in process.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Expertise: Operations, Engineering