Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Production Control Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of much technological advancement in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Production Control Manager
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Control Manager will have overall responsibility to manage production planning and scheduling for on time hardware delivery and control of government property.
Functions and Essential Duties
- Issue purchase requisitions and manage material flow to ensure timely delivery of materials to support manufacturing requirements
- Manage production flow to ensure traceability of product throughout the production process.
- Work with purchasing to ensure on-time material delivery
- Develop inventory replenishments schedules with vendors to institute minimum internal and external inventory.
- Manage material costs based and break even points of material and the needs of the production schedule.
- Maintain property accountability in accordance with FAR 52.245-1 from acquisition through disposal/final disposition
- Coordinates property control activities through property administrator. Interfaces with internal customers to ensure compliance with government regulations and internal policy.
- Manage inventory accuracy to ensure production requirements, government assets and Defense Systems assets are accounted for.
- Drive continuous improvements within function
- Ensure Scheduler/Planners work closely with manufacturing to ensure timely completion and delivery of product
- Serve as liaison between Program Management and Operations
- Work with Design Engineering to manage new engineering designs and prototype builds
- Manage product from “cradle to grave” through the product lifecycle both internally and externally.
- •Provide capacity planning and appropriate reports to determine equipment and manning needs
- •Develop and maintain department budgets
- •Perform semi-annual employee performance evaluations
- •Support proposal activity as required
- •Develop direct reports to build individual contributor skill set as it relates to Production Control.
- •Other assignments as directed by management
Education and Required Experience
- Four year degree with emphasis in materials management
- Must have 7 or more years of materials management/production control experience
- Must have 5 or more years of leadership experience
- Must have 7 or years of production control experience utilizing MRP/ERP (Costpoint, SAP, or related)
- APICS Certification and Aerospace / defense background strongly preferred
- ACTIVE SECRET Clearance preferred or the ability to obtain.
- •CPIM preferred
- •Strong computer application skills
- •Strong written, oral and organizational skills
- •Capability studies
- •Strong analytical skills
- •Ability to manage cross-functional teams
- •Proven interpersonal and employee development skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years