Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK Inc. is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK Defense Electronic Systems is a division of Defense Group. Our facility in Northridge, CA is seeking an Advanced Programs Program Manager to capture and lead new development projects to enhance performance and capability of the Strike Weapons Market Area
The Advanced Programs Program Manager position encompasses the following areas:
- Program Capture - Candidates must have significant experience interfacing directly with Customers and Senior Management to include conducting technical briefings and business case development. Candidates must also have significant experience with Capture Teams, proposal writing, technical white papers and have a clear understanding of Systems Engineering, Smart Weapons, Anti-Radiation Homing and RF Systems. Participate in the creation of technology roadmaps and product development plans.
- Team Leadership – These include selection, development, setting of roles and responsibilities, and provide overall leadership of multiple development efforts. Manage personnel, program priorities, requirements, cost and schedule across multiple efforts to ensure maximum benefit to Orbital ATK and the customer.
- Program Execution – Establish and clearly communicate overall program objectives, mission, vision and strategy. Effective program management taking into account cost, scope, customer satisfaction and schedule. Ensure excellent technical performance on programs that are pushing the edge of technology, while mitigating risks
- Technical Performance – Drive technical excellence by setting program standards, balancing risk, and delivering performance.
- Financial Performance – Track and control costs toproduce profits. Utilize EVMS to manage program costs.
- Company Customer Interface – Represent Orbital ATK and service the customer through program execution. Keep program team focused on customers’ objectives/requirements improving responsiveness at all levels of involvement with the customers.
- Schedule Management – Oversee the development of the program plans and track program schedule through in Microsoft Project, while supporting EVMS.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/physics/applied science; Masters preferred.
- Ability – Demonstrated ability to learn quickly on the job and transition from an engineering role to a program management role.
- Clearance – Active SECRET Required, TS/SCI Preferred.
- Experience – 5 - 9 years of relevant engineering experience as an individual contributor, preferably on a DoD missile system program.
- 5 - 9 years of relevant capture and program leadership experience, preferably on a DoD missile system program.
Drive technical excellence (by setting program standards, challenging threats, balancing risk, and delivering performance)
- Provide quality assurance
- Oversee the development of a program plan and critical milestones
- Meet master program plans and schedules (identifying and assessing risks, and initiating necessary corrective action)
- Represent Orbital ATK as a company (bringing the Orbital ATK message to the customer; and integrating knowledge of the spectrum of Orbital ATK capabilities with understanding of customer needs to promote Orbital ATK)
- Represent the customer to Orbital ATK (understanding the needs and requirements of the customer, and integrating this understanding into proposal development, program execution, and business strategy)
- Service the customer (executing the program and resolving issues in accordance with business objectives, strategy, legal requirements, regulations, contract terms, and company policies)
- Balance the interests of the customer, Orbital ATK, and employees (ensuring stakeholder objectives are aligned)
Program Team Management
- Structure a program team (to ensure maximum performance)
- Identify supporting functional staff
- Develop subordinates, manage team personnel
- Set role and performance expectations, and provide ongoing feedback and performance appraisals
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the program team (to include coaching team members, resolving conflict, reviewing performance, and initiating corrective actions, if necessary)
- Direct the performance of program functions (such as procurement, manufacturing, quality control, and logistics)
- Manage personnel
Supplier and Subcontractor Management
- Oversight for internal subcontract managers
- Review / approve all subcontract Statements of Work
- Assist in identification / set-up of teaming arrangements
- Establish and clearly communicate overall program objectives, mission, vision and strategy
- Establish program priorities
- Champion company values, especially safety
- Ensure program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost, and schedule, and adequacy of systems, procedures, and people for long-term success
- Oversee program planning and execution through applicable phases: Concept, exploration, engineering development, advanced development, production, sustainment, retirement, etc.
- Meet company and customer requirements (balancing the multiple roles and differing requirements)
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations
- Generate application of six sigma and “lean” principles and tools (throughout program planning and execution)
- Challenge business impediments to excellence and continuous improvement
- Drive data-based decision making through the program
- Perform execution excellence with performance, cost and schedule control
- Perform risk mitigation, risk cost and controls
- Accountable for financial reporting including profit and loss of each program
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 50-75%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Business Development