Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Princ. Systems Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principle Systems Engineer to provide leadership to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA office.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Principle Systems Engineer and key technical contributor for tactical missile system development and production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting mission and concept of operations analysis (use cases) and developing system concepts
- Conducting system and subsystem requirements development, management, analysis, and traceability, preferably within the model-based systems engineering paradigm
- Reviewing, understanding, and generating well-defined and executable system requirements documents
- Providing briefings to Government as necessary and acting as requirements development and requirements management liaison with the customer team
- Assisting in developing verification and validation tests of the requirements
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering lifecycle and processes
- Multi-disciplinary engineering skills, expertise in at least one area
- Model-based system engineering and SysML experience desired
- Working level DOORs experience desired
- Production and manufacturing experience to aid in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and improving missile subsystem issues a plus
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in systems and hi-tech product development
- Minimum B.S. engineering degree
- Active DoD Secret Clearance preferred
- High level understanding of the following core tactical missile subsystems:
- Passive, active sensors
- Guidance, navigation, and controls
- ASE, EW subsystems
- Comm links
- Control actuation system
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This location has a 9/80 Schedule; which means every other Friday off!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years