Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is seeking an Engineering Technician for our location in Plymouth, MN.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Work closely with our engineering team in an electronics prototype development laboratory.
Duties include building, testing, and troubleshooting prototype and production electronics and test fixtures. Research and Development, transition-to-production, field test support, and production support are the primary roles this position entails.
This position provides exposure to nearly all disciplines of electronics including: low and high power, analog, digital, microprocessors, radio frequency (RF), microwaves, Infra-red (IR), as well as the integration of these technologies into systems. We work closely with engineering teams on products with maturity levels ranging from research and development to production. Typical tasks include building circuit boards and cables, testing boards, testing modules and systems, building testers to test boards and systems, and field test support.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with an Associate Degree in electronics technology, 2 year certificate, or equivalent education
- Must have a good understanding of electronics fundamentals and have basic computer skills.
- Able to read schematics and drawings, follow written and verbal instructions.
- Previous experience soldering surface mount devices with the aid of a microscope.
- Proficiency in the use of general lab equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, analyzers and various meters desired.
- IPC J-STD-001E certification or equivalent skill soldering electronic assemblies.
- Candidate must have the ability to acquire a Security Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and provide proof of citizenship.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years