Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Mission Assurance Engineer
Orbital ATK’s Armament Systems Division has an excellent opportunity for an Associate Mission/Quality Assurance Engineer located in Plymouth, MN.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
- Ensure compliance to contract quality requirements and AS9100/ISO 9001 Quality System processes on development and production programs.
- Provide expertise and guidance to program teams and suppliers on quality assurance, quality systems, tools, training, problem solving, statistical analysis and continuous improvement. Apply Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Support and lead investigations between internal functions, suppliers and customers. Provide assistance with technical diagnosis of root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions with resolution of customer complaints or field failures. Develop solutions as appropriate to eliminate the recurrence of the issue.
- Work with Operations to initiate effective containment, investigation, and countermeasure activities to prevent defect outflow both in-house and to Customers.
- Plan and implement quality activities including writing product inspection plans, initiating material review board actions, resolving nonconforming material issues, and facilitating corrective actions.
- Perform on-site monitoring of manufacturing lines and supplier production processes. Assess suppliers’ capabilities and conformance to their Quality System
- Review drawings for inspection capability and conformance to Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances standards.
- Prepare documentation including quality code requisitions for procuring material, incoming inspection procedures, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) requirements.
- Evaluate manufacturing methods and inspection capabilities. Provide quality input to manufacturing processes including inspection and determining key characteristics.
- Perform statistical analysis on product yield/SPC/key characteristics data.
- Report status on tasks to program management, quality management and customers.
- Review inspection and acceptance data to assess process capability and product compliance.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Aerospace) preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in quality planning, tools and analysis in a manufacturing environment OR minimum 2 years of experience in applied engineering.
- Experience with Product Warranty and process documentation.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes: milling, turning, sheet metal fabrication, powder coat painting, and electrical/mechanical assembly.
- Strong problem solving, presentation and technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools (problem analysis, statistical tools, design of experiments, reliability, control charts and other quality methodologies) with the ability to train others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with internal / external customers.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required; approx. 30%.
- ASQ CQA, CQE or CQM a plus.
- Basic PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years