Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Quality Engineer
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Mission Assurance / Quality Engineer located in Plymouth, MN.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position will provide Quality Engineering and Mission Assurance support to Guided Projectiles and Precision Weapons programs.
- Position may require travel up to 25% time domestically and internationally. -
- Provide quality requirements for manufacturing and product statement of works (SOWs)
- Prepare and execute Quality Program Plans in accordance with Quality Management System, Customer Requirements, and Contracts
- Review tolerance stack-ups for hardware, hard gages, and inspection equipment
- Evaluate manufacturing methods and inspection capabilities. Provide quality input to manufacturing processes including in-process and final inspection and determining key characteristics
- Perform statistical analysis on product yield/SPC/key characteristics data
- Perform on-site monitoring of manufacturing lines and supplier production processes
- Ensure compliance to contract quality requirements and AS9100/ISO 9001 Quality System processes on development and production programs
- Support and lead investigations between internal functions, suppliers and customers. Provide assistance with technical diagnosis of root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions with resolution of customer complaints or field failures. Develop solutions as appropriate to eliminate the recurrence of the issue
- Work with Operations to initiate effective containment, investigation, and countermeasure activities to prevent defect outflow both in-house and to Customers
- Plan and implement quality activities including initiating material review board actions, resolving nonconforming material issues, and facilitating corrective actions
- Review drawings for inspection capability and conformance to Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances standards
- Prepare documentation including quality code requisitions for procuring material, incoming inspection procedures, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) requirements
- Review inspection and acceptance data to assess process capability and product compliance
- Report status on tasks to program management, quality management and customers.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Aerospace) preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in quality planning, tools and analysis in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes: milling, turning, sheet metal fabrication, powder coat painting, and electrical/mechanical assembly
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools (problem analysis, statistical tools, design of experiments, reliability, control charts, measurement system analysis (MSA) and other
- Green Belt / Black Belt experience preferred
- Strong background in inspection equipment, techniques and general knowledge of Metrology and Calibration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with internal / external customers
- Strong problem solving, presentation and technical writing skills
- Basic PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Experience with APQP, PPAP, DFMEA preferred
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment and with US Government or local DCMA preferred
- ASQ CQA, or CQE preferred
- CAD, MiniTab experience preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years