Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems is seeking a Quality Inspector at our Plymouth, MN location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Inspects purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements.
- Inspects for proper identity and dimensions using such measuring devices as micrometers, gauges, CMM, and calipers. Inspections may involve three-dimensional projections using inspection equipment such as CMM, telescope gauges, and optical comparators.
- Ensures equipment is calibrated and within specifications
- Ensures operators are following correct production process details
- Visually inspects for obvious defects or damage such as corrosion, cracks, dents, scratches, and pits.
- Verifies specifications using purchase orders, prints, drawing or inspection instructions, and checklists.
- Makes accept/reject decisions on inspected goods. Maintains records of results.
- Train additional inspectors as required.
- Interface with local DCMA (customer) representative.
- Participate in internal and external Quality Management System audits.
- 3-6 years of experience as a dimensional inspector
- CMM PCDMIS intermediate skills required
- Open set-up surface plate inspections
- Experience with Purchase Order, specification and drawing interpretations
- Print reading and GD&T experience required
- Basic PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- Must be a US citizen
- Inspecting / working with energetics
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years