Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Mission Assurance Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Mission Assurance Engineer to provide leadership to our Armament Systems Division team in our Plymouth, MN offices.
Job Responsibilities: This position will provide Quality Engineering and Mission Assurance support to Medium Caliber Ammunition Production programs. This includes production line support at multiple locations, supplier inspection and monitoring, identifying contractual Quality requirements, preparing quality program plans, inspection procedures and quality requirements flow-down, supplier process monitoring, application of lean/six-sigma tools, drawing reviews, customer interface/reports/submittals, and reviewing product acceptance data.
Position will require travel up to 50% time domestically and internationally.
- Ensure compliance to contract quality requirements and AS9100/ISO 9001 Quality System processes on development and production programs. Provide expertise and guidance to the program teams and suppliers on quality assurance, quality system, tools, training, problem solving, statistical analysis and continuous improvement. Apply Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Plan and implement Quality activities including writing product inspection plans, initiating material review board actions, resolving nonconforming material issues, and facilitating corrective actions.
- Perform on-site monitoring of manufacturing lines and supplier production processes.
- Review drawings for inspectability using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Prepare documentation including code requisitions for procuring material and write incoming inspection procedures.
- Evaluate manufacturing methods and inspection capabilities. Provide quality input to manufacturing processes including inspectability and determining key characteristics.
- Perform statistical analysis on product yield/SPC/key characteristics data.
- Report status on tasks to program management, quality management and customers.
- Review inspection and acceptance data to assess process capability and product compliance.
- Must be a US Citizen
- 7 - 10 years of Quality Analysis and production line experience (metals’ manufacturing desirable)
- Strong background in inspection equipment, techniques and general knowledge of Metrology and Calibration
- Solid understanding of Drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Solid Quality Tools skills (Statistics, DOE, FMEA, MSA)
- Experience in a highly-regulated environment is desirable
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to travel 50% both domestically and internationally
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Efficient in computer skills
- Strong technical knowledge (mechanical manufacturing, tools, gages, calibration)
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years