Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Production Planning Assistant
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Sr. Production Planner Assistant for its Integrated Supply Chain Management Department in our Promontory, Utah offices.
Working closing with production planner and manufacturing to ensure material, and planning is available for production. Responsibilities include work order closure, material ordering to the factory floor, coordination of product movement.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to the following:
- Use of MRP to close work orders; pick material from Stores
- Advises management, planner and factory schedulers of production status and escalate problems to ensure labor, tools, equipment, and services are provided as needed.
- Coordinates with other internal departments to ensure the movement of parts are timely.
- Works within the department to ensure supporting documents are available before production
- Coordination of product movement across the value stream
- MRP Systems
- Property Systems
- Mobile Application Systems
- High School or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 year of inventory and Operations support experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, quality basics, property, engineering flows,
- Experience working with MRP systems
- Knowledge and applicable experience of lean principles
- Experience tracking, reporting status
- Personal drive for process improvements
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with peers, and others as required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years