Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is recruiting for a Production Operator (Third Operator) to join our team at the Bacchus (Magna), Utah facility.
Performs manual hands on activities/tasks associated with manufacturing solid fuel rocket motors. Tasks may include but are not limited to Tooling/Assembly/Disassembly, Case Surface Preparation, Final Product Assembly, Chemical Mixing/Casting, and Propellant Ingredient Handling, Maintaining cleanliness of work area and facilities, and other duties as assigned by supervisor. Must be able to read, comprehend and follow established written instructions without deviation and able to perform basic math and measurement functions. Participates as a team member to positively influence and enhance the safety, quality, cost and scheduling of their team. May be required to work shift work, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be a US citizen.
- 2 or more years of previous manufacturing (product assembly) experience
- Required to pass the respirator FIT testing.
- Able to acquire Employee Possessor (EP) status under the Safe Explosives Act (SEA).
- Able to pass and maintain Manufacturing-To-Inspect (MTI) certifications. at the prescribed company level
- Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist, push and pull up to 50 lb, etc) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc).
- Prefer experience with safe handling of hazardous materials, operating industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts and hand tools. Job function may require handling of live propellant related materials.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED