Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The HVAC technician installs, services, modifies, rebuilds, and repairs industrial air-conditioning, refrigeration and heating systems in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations. The technician performs:
* Maintenance activities to troubleshoot and repair equipment malfunctions, conducts preventative maintenance to prevent equipment failures and reduce downtime.
* Checks and tests equipment and piping for refrigerant leaks.
* Sets and adjusts equipment temperature and pressure controls; overhauls equipment.
* Monitors and adjusts centralized HVAC computer systems (SCADA).
* Performs safe handling and/or places hazardous waste materials (recovered refrigerant, oil, acidic coil cleaners) in proper containers for later disposal by appropriately trained employees.
* Replaces air filters, belts and keeps units clean for proper operation.
* High School diploma/GED and 5 years of experience
* Section 608 EPA Universal Certification
* High School Diploma or GED
* 5+ years of experience working in industry as a HVAC Service Technician
* Valid Driver License
* Working on and inside equipment, including climbing ladders to access equipment on roofs in all weather, using man lifts and scissor lifts when necessary.
* Compressor failure diagnosis, repair and replacement.
* Retrofit obsolete components and systems including controls.
* Industrial Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Hot Water and Steam Heating systems.
* Experience working with 480 Volt / 3 phase equipment.
* Troubleshooting all types HVAC equipment/systems, including modulating valves, dampers, motors, compressors etc.
* Electronic and pneumatically controlled HVAC systems and components.
* Refrigeration leak repair, testing, charging and recovery.
* Chillers with centrifugal, screw, reciprocating and scroll compressors.
* Welding/brazing and leak checking with an electronic leak detectors, evacuating to industry standards and system charging.
* Electrical wiring including low voltage controls.
* Steam and hot water heating systems; boilers, heat exchangers, coils and piping.
* Industrial ventilation and evaporative coolers.
* Experience with SCADA, Johnson, and other HVAC monitoring/control systems.
* Service and installation of natural gas-fired equipment with RMGA certification.
* Food service equipment service and installation; freezers, refrigerators and ice machines.
* Preference will be given to a qualified HVAC technician with experience and or licensing in the electrical trade.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED