Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to provide support in Subscale Energetics at our Promontory, Utah facilities.
Successful candidate will perform energetic sample setup, assembly, manufacture and configuration of energetic articles in support of multiple developmental programs. Candidate will be required to review, and implement manufacture plans, drawings, specifications and planning in support of various development projects. Skill needed include strong working knowledge and experience in majority of the following areas: sample fabrication, trouble shooting of electronic and mechanical equipment, operation of specialized remote manufacturing equipment and tooling, handling operations, and safe use of various chemicals and compounds. Implementation of continuous improvement using 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles will be required. Job function requires use of standard computer skills and knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and energetic materials would be a plus.
- Associate degree in science/mathematics/materials or work experience; Prefer: Associate degree in scientific discipline and 2 or more years of related experience, or Navy Missile Technician training with experience. Strong technical background.
- Must be disciplined to follow detailed instructions and comply to procedures.
- Experience in set-up, fabrication, computer controlled equipment, and trouble shooting.
- Ability to receive and follow specific instructions from procedures, prints, planning and supervision.
- Good communication skills with ability to understand and communicate technical information with clarity.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement technical drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications.
Position may be filled at a lower level depending on successful candidate's education and/or experience
OrbitalATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years