Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Production Operator (Metal Surfacing)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Production Operator to work in our Case Prep, Final Assembly and Composite team at our Promontory facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Production Operator performs hands on activities/tasks associated with manufacturing solid fuel rocket motors and components. Tasks may include but are not limited to tooling assembly/disassembly, operating equipment, case surface preparation including mixing and applying liner/paint/bond materials, final product assembly, maintaining cleanliness of work area and facilities, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Participates as a team member to positively influence and enhance the safety, quality, cost and schedule performance of their team.
- Minimum of 6 years of manufacturing (product assembly) experience
- Composite education or hands on experience
- Safe handling of hazardous materials
- Operation of industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts, precision measuring instruments and hand tools
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be willing to perform shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Able to successfully pass the Safe Explosive Act (SEA) background check
- Able to pass a respirator FIT test
- Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist push and pull up to 50 lbs.) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc.)
- Able to read, comprehend and follow established written instructions without deviation
- Job function may require handling of energetic materials
- Perform basic math and measurement functions
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED