Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Technician to support Promontory Testing Operations at our Promontory plant.
Successful candidate will perform instrumentation setup, assembly, fabrication and configuration of test articles in support of multiple test programs. This includes working with energetic materials and the assembly of rocket motors. Candidate will be required to review, and implement test plans, drawings, specifications and planning in support of various instrumentation projects. Skill needed include strong working knowledge and experience in majority of the following areas: instrumentation fabrication and installation, trouble shooting of electronic and electrical equipment, operation of specialized testing equipment and tooling, handling operations, and safe use of various chemicals and bonding compounds. Implementation of continuous improvement using 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles will be required. Job function requires use of standard computer skills and knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and vibration testing would be a plus.
- Associate degree in instrumentation/electronics with 2 or more years of related experience, or Navy Missile Technician training with experience. Strong technical background in electronics and instrumentation.
- Must be disciplined to followed detailed instructions and comply to procedures.
- Experience in instrumentation fabrication, layup, installation and trouble shooting.
- Ability to receive and follow specific instructions from procedures, prints, planning and supervision.
- Good communication skills with ability to understand and communicate technical information with clarity.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement technical drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years