Orbital ATK Careers
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Technician to support Promontory Testing Operations at our Promontory plant.
Successful candidate will perform instrumentation setup, assembly, fabrication and configuration of test articles in support of multiple test programs. This includes working with energetic materials and the assembly of rocket motors. Candidate will be required to review, and implement test plans, drawings, specifications and planning in support of various instrumentation projects. Skill needed include strong working knowledge and experience in majority of the following areas: instrumentation fabrication and installation, trouble shooting of electronic and electrical equipment, operation of specialized testing equipment and tooling, handling operations, and safe use of various chemicals and bonding compounds. Implementation of continuous improvement using 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles will be required. Job function requires use of standard computer skills and knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and vibration testing would be a plus.
- Associate degree in instrumentation/electronics with 2 or more years of related experience, or Navy Missile Technician training with experience. Strong technical background in electronics and instrumentation.
- Must be disciplined to followed detailed instructions and comply to procedures.
- Experience in instrumentation fabrication, layup, installation and trouble shooting.
- Ability to receive and follow specific instructions from procedures, prints, planning and supervision.
- Good communication skills with ability to understand and communicate technical information with clarity.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement technical drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years