Orbital ATK Careers
Orbital ATK Propulsion Systems leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation's capabilities in space.
Orbital ATK Propulsion Systems is recruiting for an Engineering Technician working for the Propulsion Systems division in Promontory, Utah
Successful candidate must have great troubleshooting skills and be able to repair of electronic equipment down to the component level. This work will include, but is not limited to, repair and setup of video, audio, process controllers, test equipment, and data acquisition systems. Candidate will be required to review drawings, specifications and follow planning in support of various development projects. Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics as well as use oscilloscopes and other troubleshooting equipment. Candidate will be required to fabricate and checkout test systems. Great interpersonal skills will other technicians and engineers are required on a daily basis. Candidate must be willing to work overtime on occasion to meet testing requirements. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong attitude towards safety.
- Associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or other Electrical Associate degree plus 2-3 years related experience. Strong technical background.
- Must be disciplined to follow detailed instructions and comply to procedures.
- Experience in set-up, fabrication, computer controlled equipment, and trouble shooting.
- Ability to receive and follow specific instructions from procedures, prints, planning and supervision.
- Good communication skills with ability to understand and communicate technical information with clarity.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement technical drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications.
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years