Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Stock Attendant for our location in Plymouth, MN.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Position Summary: Inventories incoming and outgoing parts and stock items by recording data in Cost Point; distributes stock to bins; fills orders from pull tickets; examines inventory for wear or defects; and maintains an organized stockroom.
Position Functions & Responsibilities:
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage areas.
- Manage expired inventory
- Process incoming material and stock in appropriate storage location
- Process stock returns or excess material into stockroom inventory
- Refers to Cost Point to determine location of parts in bins or crate section locations
- Inventories parts and sub-assemblies
- Receive and count stock items, and record data in Cost Point using a computer
- Counts parts sub-assemblies and completed devices by physical or weight
- Count material by hand, weight, or reel
- Recounts items that disagree more than a prescribed amount between inventory aboard reading
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors
- Accounts for government classified parts by following established procedures
- Conduct weekly cycle counts and “floor to records” counts.
- Maintain a high level or inventory accuracy through weekly cycle counting and monthly inventory audits. Provide data to planner for accuracy report.
- 100% success in counting, kitting and inventorying product to the floor.
- Uncrates materials from suppliers and places in appropriate stock locations.
- Moves loads or pallets to storage area
- Pick and deliver material to production areas through kits or other parts issued
- Kit items from inventory based on pull tickets from planners.
- Distributes stock to bins
- Checks quantity and description of items on load against description and quantity on move orders
- Receives order indicating quantity and description of items ordered and fills orders following prescribed procedures.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Provide security and control of stockroom inventory
- Insure inventory integrity and security using approved operating procedures
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Provide customer service to production and other inventory users
- Assists and instructs stock helpers in servicing assembly lines, storing stock, maintaining an orderly storage area and accounting for government classified parts
- US Citizenship
- Able to acquire government security clearance and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math and counting skills
- Basic computer and database management skills
- Data entry
- Will be required to join union: Teamsters 1145
- Customer Service
- Basic computer skills
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Continuous improvement
- General office and laboratory environments
- Must use proper PPE and ESD approved clothing or devices
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Push and pull loaded hand trucks or carts
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder or stool while carrying packages.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Spends up to 50% of time standing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED