Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Use basic knowledge of vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics, propulsion, classical/modern control and estimation theory to conduct semi-routine aerospace engineering tasks. Work under guidance and direction from project lead and senior engineer. Apply defined engineering principle, industry standard, company process and procedure to support one or a few program objectives and customer requirements.
1. Analyze and evaluate Guidance, Navigation, Flight Control, and Target Tracking performance data from M&S, ground test, flight tests. Prepare and present report of Guidance performance.
2. Strong C++ programmer with embedded software experience and a demonstrated desire to create clean, clear, maintainable code
3. Provide full-life cycle supporting including creating well written and testable software requirements, experience with test-driven development and automated testing framework as such as Jenkins or similar product.
3. Will also provide data analysis tools such as MATLAB or Python/SciPy
3. Conduct sensitivity study and implement modeling of high-fidelity multiple degree-of-freedom flight/orbital mechanics and vehicle dynamics simulation; of navigation sensors: IMU, GPS, radar or laser altimeter, magnetometer, star tracker, etc.; of target dynamics in the simulation: stationary, moving and maneuvering target. Analyze and evaluate all simulation results.
4. Implement modeling of targeting sensors in the simulation: radar, EO, IR, laser, ESM, seeker pointing, sensor management, etc.. Conduct sensitivity study.
5. Conduct flight vehicle system performance sensitivity studies in the simulation. Compare flight vehicle system performance to initial requirements.
6. Develop and model various propulsion systems in the simulation: thrust profile, mass flow rate, CG migration. Collect and analyze performance data.
7. Implement model changes to improve fidelity of actuation systems. Run simulation to support verification of actuation system performance.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years