Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is seeking a Program Scheduler for our location in Plymouth, MN.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
- Supports the organization by managing and coordinating program schedules that support meeting our customer’s goals and expectations.
- Responsible for supporting their respective programs by closely working with the Program Manager(s), Material Program Manager(s) and other key program personnel on schedule requirements.
- Understand overall requirements of the proposal, design, procurement, manufacturing and testing as they apply to specific programs and generate schedules capable of tracking all these activities.
- Responsible for analyzing schedules at least weekly to ensure program requirements are being met.
- Monitor the schedules and report status to the Program Manager and appropriate IPT leads.
- Help to prioritize and expedite tasks as necessary to ensure the schedule requirements are fulfilled.
- Schedules must be accurate and maintained from program inception through contract closeout.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager on financial reports, quarterly EAC’s and all EVMS requirements.
- 1+ years of related experience with a BA or BS degree or 5+ years of equivalent demonstrated experience
- Excellent math and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Minor domestic travel required. Oversea travel opportunities may exist.
- Thorough working knowledge of precedence diagramming scheduling methods, critical path methods, and all aspects of network logic and diagraming
- Thorough understanding of 14-point schedule health and strength assessment tools
- Thorough understanding of EVMS
- Capable of building an IMP/IMS for large programs with complicated assemblies and multiple sites
- Thorough understanding of Open Plan and Microsoft Project tools
- Thorough understanding of the interface requirements between Open Plan and Cobra
- Thorough understanding of Schedule Risk Analysis
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED