Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Electronic Technician Integration & Test
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Daily responsibilities will require direct contact with satellite space flight hardware and electrical ground support equipment (EGSE). Candidate will be responsible for certification and setup of EGSE; Electrical integration and safe to mate of components; component and system level spacecraft test activities. Working in small groups or individually, the candidate must be able to take direction and utilize electronic training and test experience to support integration and test activities. Required skills include the ability to communicate clearly and basic electronics skills. International travel to support launch campaigns will be required. Shift and weekend work to support testing will be required.
- Electrical checkout, integration, and test of flight hardware
- Maintenance of Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) certification procedures
- Certification and maintenance of Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE)
- Component and System level spacecraft testing using spacecraft ground station commands and telemetry, including the execution of satellite automated test scripts
- Support launch campaign system testing and final vehicle preparation at launch sites
- Troubleshoot EGSE
- Support RF payload group testing and troubleshooting
- Learn and develop proficiency on ground command and telemetry support systems
- Evaluate and implement Lean solutions to decrease test cycle times
- Fabrication Experience with cable harness and cable connector assembly and repair
2 Year Associates Bachelor's Degree or Military Electronics Experience
U.S. Citizenship Required
Familiarity with Electrical Test Equipment (oscopes, DMM’s, Function generators, etc)
Troubleshooting and repair of Electronic Components
Ability to work on a 2nd Shift/ 3rd Shift basis as primary shift highly desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years