Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Media Support Specialist
Orbital ATK is seeking a Media Support Specialist for our Plymouth, MN location.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Media Support Specialist is accountable for creative, compliant, and timely formatting, production, and delivery of professional-level proposal volumes, technical documentation, publications, books, manuals, reports, presentations, marketing materials, etc., utilizing desktop publishing software systems. The (Media Support Specialist) is responsible for effective teamwork and communications. This position requires expertise in multiple software packages and the ability to produce work consistently and accurately. It ensures high-quality output and compatibility of product with follow-on reproduction processes. In addition, the position is responsible for familiarity and compliance with both standard and variable requirements, including corporate branding guidelines, departmental procedures and standards, internal client preferences and instructions, and mandatory solicitation requirements.
- Supporting, developing, and managing proposal volumes in support of competitive opportunities
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met with high-quality products
- Working collaboratively with proposal managers/coordinators and editors to establish scope, schedules, and support requirements
- Adhering to configuration management procedures and enforcement of version control mechanisms
- Maintaining compliance with corporate, departmental, and solicitation-specific standards
- Performing all responsibilities to develop and deliver ad hoc tasks such as formatting presentations, reports, proposal volumes, etc.
- Preparing all required documents for various publications, including scanning material, creating and burning CDs and creating CD labels
- Supporting team members as needed during PTO absence
- Supporting customers in need of software/hardware application support
- High School graduate
- Minimum 6 years experience
- Strong attention to detail, strong grammar skills, and proficient typing skills
- Ability to hold a Government security clearance at the Secret level; must be a US citizen
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Roxio, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- Interpretation and application of solicitation instructions for producing proposals
- Minimum 3 years experience in a proposal development environment
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED