Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Configuration/Data Management Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an Associate Configuration/Data Management Analyst to join our SLS Configuration and Systems Management Team in our Promontory, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Associate Configuration/Data Management Analyst performs a variety of SLS Program-support tasks, primarily document, data and requirements management and submittal to the customer; secretariat and data management functions for various Program meetings and review boards; preparation, coordination, and maintenance of databases and technical reports, as assigned.
- Prepare, approve and distribute customer correspondence and upload released SLS Booster drawings and specifications to designated electronic drop boxes on ICE Windchill
- Manage documentation (e.g. agendas, presentation materials, minutes) and audio/visual tools in support of Configuration Control Board (CCB), Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Element Control Board (ECB) meetings
- Manage documentation, databases and audio/visual tools in support of other Program meetings or reviews (e.g. Certification of Flight Readiness (CoFR) reviews), as assigned
- Establish Operation and Maintenance Requirements (OMRs) in the CP–OMS Tool, as determined through coordination with Program Management, Engineering, NASA and other stakeholders
- Maintain OMRs using the Requirements Change Notice (RCN) process, including coordination with Program Management, Engineering, NASA and other stakeholders
- Recommend updates to governing command media, as required
- Assist in accomplishing other SLS Program initiatives, as assigned
- Demonstrated computer skills – e.g. word processing, PDF conversion, file and data base management
- Ability and commitment to comply with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems’ and the US government’s information management, computer-usage and internet security requirements and protocols
- Experience using Microsoft office products (WORD, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using Adobe Professional
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems’ documentation and data management systems (e.g. document identification numbers and hierarchies, Tc Enterprise – ePIC PLM software)
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems’ product requirements documents (e.g. technical drawings and specifications)
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems’ Integrated Product Team
- Familiarity with Configuration Management (CM) principles and practices
- Experience directly interfacing with customers, specifically NASA
- College or university degree in science/engineering or coursework in science or engineering is a plus
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated independent work skills
- Demonstrated innovation and/or problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- BS degree in business, supply chain, finance or related required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year