Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Training & Development Administrator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Training & Development Administrator to support our Integrated Operations team working at both our Promontory and Bacchus locations.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Training and Development Specialist works in our Technical Training group, supporting Operations and related functions with their training needs. TDSs are a primary support for organizations working within our learning management system (LMS) known as My Learning, in addition to providing classroom training and developing and updating our training content.
- Must work well in a team environment
- Coordinate and provide instruction for numerous classes associated with OSHA compliance (e.g. Respiratory Safety, Powered Industrial Truck Safety, Crane Safety, etc.)
- Conduct periodic training assignment reviews with area leadership to assist in ensuring training assignments are accurate for each group
- Assist in the development of new training content
- Work with subject matter experts (SME) to periodically update existing training content to ensure that it is current, accurate and engaging
- Provide help to designated area training assistants and individual users with training items and the LMS
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned projects within budget and on schedule
- Facilitate and support the implementation of “Training Within Industry” (TWI) as the primary method for accomplishing on-the-job training within Propulsion System
- Support the ongoing initiative to implement Crew Resource Management Training to be part of the culture within Propulsion Systems
- Develop and update training content for web-based and instructor-led courses bringing it to a level of effectiveness above historic practices (shorter, more engaging, interactive)
- Familiarity with current industry best practices for adult learning
- eLearning content development experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people at all levels of the organization
- General knowledge of industrial safety and compliance related training requirements
- 2+ years’ direct experience in creating and providing training in a corporate/manufacturing environment
- Ability to travel to our Clearfield and Bacchus locations as required
- Lectora/Saba Publisher eLearning publishing tool proficiency
- Experience with a manufacturer of hazardous materials/explosives
- Detailed knowledge of OSHA and Industry Safety training requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to obtain results by working with people of various backgrounds
- Must have strong communication skills
- Experience in developing training content. (both instructor-led and web-based)
- Familiarity with Instructional Design concepts and application (e.g. ADDIE model)
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications, particularly PowerPoint
- Experience working with eLearning publishing software (Lectora, Articulate, Camtasia, etc.)
- B.S. or MS degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education or related degree.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Expertise: Human Resources