Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Associate Financial Analyst to provide leadership to our team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for various financial and scheduling functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis on the Antares Launch Vehicle Program. Reviews financial and schedule data received from both managers and the accounting systems for accuracy and indications of cost spending and schedule trends. Maintains and presents documented financial and schedule information to various levels of management. Ensures compliance with internal procedures and DAR.FAR government regulations. Participates in audits and interfaces with government auditors to ensure an understanding of financial and schedule data, methodology, and applicability under appropriate government regulations.
- Self-starter who is able to work in a team environment, as well as structure and complete projects of various complexity on an individual basis.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power point, and MS Project.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial/schedule/program information within a matrix organization, to various level of management.
- Familiarity with Program Control Software (MPM, Cobra, etc) is desired.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical skills, and presentations skills,
- Advance Excel and MS Project skills.
- Prior knowledge of and familiarity with Earned Value Management principles and processes a plus.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years experience plus a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Finance or related or a MBA.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years