Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to support our Process Engineering team at our Bacchus facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The primary focus of this job will be to find ways to assist Operations by creating more users friendly and error proof updates to the current and future manufacturing systems. This job will also have standard Process Engineering support requirements such as procedure/standard work support, OSCR/OSCB/PPCB, implementing designs into production, etc.
- Work directly with flight hardware, developing and improving manufacturing processes
- Performing cause and corrective action activities to permanently eliminate defects
- Working with concurrent engineering team to create Build-to-Packages (i.e. engineering and planning documents)
- Preparing MRB dispositions
- Authoring, updating and reviewing shop floor planning
- Preparing and presenting technical presentations to VSET, leadership, and to the customers for review and approval
- Performing table top reviews
- Using SPC tools to ensure process control
- Developing and incorporating process improvements thru capital and tooling projects
- Troubleshooting production/tooling/facility issues and implementing improvements and solutions
- Supporting design, checkout, qualification and implementation of new or modified tooling or equipment
- Prefer B.S. degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering (other technical degrees may be considered) with a minimum of 4 years engineering experience
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated/ self-reliant team player
- Good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Excellent Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience writing shop planning (ESI experience a plus)
- Experience working with composite structures, material bonding, instrumentation installation, ordnance installation and/or industrial transportation and handling
- Provide creative yet practical technical solutions to material and process trouble-shooting issues.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years