Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Temporary Mechanical Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Temporary Mechanical Engineer to join our engineering team in Chandler, AZ.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Temporary Mechanical Engineer will
- Provide support to an assigned program under supervision of a Lead Engineer.
- Under that supervision, the candidate engineer researches, develops, designs, tests, and documents mechanical structures/components.
- Maintains and improves designs of existing mechanical components, equipment, and systems for integration.
- Applies sound principles and techniques of mechanical engineering.
- Plans, performs, and directs engineering activities to ensure that design, integration, and testing conform to mechanical design specifications and requirements.
- Will also be responsible for gathering, maintaining, formatting, compiling, and manipulating technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Conducts tests and records data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
- Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Candidate should have the ability to solve problems
- Candidate should have strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience with NX9.0 is a plus
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering is required.
This position can be filled at a lower level requiring a BS / MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and no experience.
This is a temporary full time position. Project is expected to last 9-12 months.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Temporary|Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years