Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Electrical Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Under close direction, perform a variety of basic engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, or testing of electronic hardware. Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to solution of engineering problems. Design and document or select commercially available equipment, coordinate design results with other design groups, evaluate the merits of the design under the direction of more senior engineers.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Introductory Understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
Technical expertise to complete assigned electrical engineering tasks.
Attends and prepares under close supervision materials to support electrical engineers during Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - With supervision, applies theoretical knowledge and engineering technical principles to solve basic electrical engineering problems.
- Liaison - Interacts well with other staff/team members, effective at relationships with peers and manager.
Responds in a timely manner to all requests.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Establish requirements and procedures to evaluate purchased equipment or EEE parts. Under supervision, supports the testing and/or evaluation/ validation of one or more elements of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Analysis and Design - Under relatively close direction, performs a variety of specific engineering tasks of an analysis, design, or test nature.
Education and Experience
BS in Engineering
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year