Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Embedded Software Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking Embedded Software Engineers to join our software team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded software, simulation, and test tools through the full software life cycle for launch vehicles. This includes the development of software requirement specifications and design documentation as well as participating in software process activities including peer reviews, integration testing, and configuration management. The candidate may also work in conjunction with a software project manager to develop schedules, track progress, lead a development team, and support internal and external program and customer meetings. The ideal candidate shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with between 2 and 8 years of experience.
A security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance is also required.
- Object Oriented (OO) software development experience with the C++ programming language
- Experience in embedded real-time software development, debug and test
with real time operating systems (RTOS) environments including VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS or other equivalent RTOS
- Experience with PowerPC processors (PPC 750, 8260 & 8280)
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Interrupt Service Routine, Device Driver, and chip level software development and debugging experience
- Experience with full software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of hardware/software analysis tools (debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc)
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux based software development tools
- Familiarity with DOORS (Requirement Management System), Rational Rose, Rhapsody, Razor and Synergy tools
- Experience with CMM/SEI or equivalent software development process
- Experience with space craft or launch systems software development is highly desired.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field required.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years