Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Material Program Administrator
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Material Program Administrator for our office in Mesa, AZ.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
The Associate Material Program Administrator will support the Material Program Manager (MPM) with program responsibility to manage the program subcontracts, materials and services. The successful candidate will support the defined program outsourcing requirements and will participate in the Integrated Program Team (IPT) and support functional organizations to achieve material-related program objectives (cost, schedule, quality), while recognizing and communicating material risks and opportunities.
- Support the MPM and the Program Manager with a full understanding of the materials acquisition and subcontractor requirements and plan
- Support the IPT and functional organizations to achieve material-related program objectives (cost, schedule, quality), while communicating material risks and opportunities
- Support MPM efforts to ensure program budget, materials availability, and quality objectives are met within the activities of IPT members, the Procurement Team and external suppliers and customers
- Communicate material acquisition and subcontractor management objectives and strategies
- Support the Make\Buy process
- Support material risks and obsolescence plans
- Support tracking and communicating performance against program Financial objectives (budget performance, sales and EBIT)
- Identify and promptly communicate deficiencies and deviations from plan and assure and support actions required to correct them
- Represent Supply Chain Management to Customers, Program Management and OATK Management
- Support internal and external audits
- Support material-related proposal activity including line-loss and quotation requests
- Pro-actively support management and monitoring of supplier performance
- Promote a focus on safety and utilize Lean, PES or Six Sigma tools throughout program planning and implementation to emphasize continuous improvement
- BS or BA
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, production, material control and financial procedures and systems (such as Proposal, Line of Balance, EAC, and Sales Forecasting)
- Two (2) or more years directly related experience with progressively broader responsibility in Materials Management or related discipline
- Deltek / Costpoint experience preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with government contracting requirements and compliance preferred
- Some travel may be required
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years