Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mission Assurance Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with Orbital ATK Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Orbital ATK Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
- Participates in core quality improvement projects to build compliant and cost effective processes with sustainable improvements.
- Implements quality plans for hardware and software addressing design, manufacturing, integration and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
- Reviews and approves internal manufacturing and test documentation against internal guidelines/standards.
- Assure failures that occur are adequately analyzed, appropriate root cause determination is made, and appropriate corrective/preventive action is taken, to include supplier failures as required by contract. Review nonconformance reports and provides support in developing Root Cause / Corrective Action plans through detailed analysis.
- Collect and analyze data for Program and Mission Assurance reviews.
- Understand Risk Management activities (dFMEA, pFMEA).
- Understand program unique and division requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality and organizational requirements.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions. Knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa and fault tree. Ability to understand AS/ISO/ CMMI requirements
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Work as a member of an integrated product team with Orbital ATK Safety & Mission Assurance staff in hardware and software quality assurance, supplier assurance, configuration management, EEE parts engineering, materials engineering and occupational safety to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Orbital ATK Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of supplier and internal design/manufacturing/test documentation and processes, identification of non-conformance root causes, recommendation of effective corrective actions, and customer technical communication.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years