Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Electrical Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a
Serve as a professional authority in an engineering discipline or specialty area. Conduct preliminary and advanced design studies and prepare and present major portions of engineering proposals. Conceive and develop solutions to complex analytical, design, and test problems/failures that program(s) experience. Analyze and resolve important failures in test and service, often without recourse to intense theoretical studies and test programs. Assure continuity of design features for advanced design throughout a program. Write complex specifications and engineering reports as a result of advance studies, and special engineering investigations. Develop aspects of new design criteria for general application within their respective business group.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Reviewer of multiple company electrical engineering standards for completeness and accuracy.
Technical expert in at least one electrical engineering discipline.
Manages, assigns tasks to prepare for reviews, and presents electrical engineering materials during Requirements and Design Reviews and other formal program reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - Develops extremely innovative and ingenious solutions to solve technically complex and challenging problems.
- Liaison - As a leader of the team, actively motivates others, generates excitement, and acknowledges individual and team accomplishments.
Anticipates internal and external customer needs and finds innovative ways to provide for those needs.
Ensures escalation of issues, when required, is conducted in a disciplined manner.
Effective coach for other engineers in department.
Ensures technical positions are correct and adequately supported, provides support for subordinate engineers who find themselves standing alone.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Determine engineering tasks required for major project planning and execution.
Analyze system requirements and develop detailed planning, conceptual designs.
Manages the testing and/or evaluation/validation of complete system analytical models or actual system implementation. Knows how to troubleshoot the system behavior.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Oversee risk analysis on design, analyses, and planned activities.
Coach and oversee others in application of uncertainty quantification.
- Analysis and Design - Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts and contributes to the development of new principles, theories, and concepts.
Provide component or system level design direction based on the trade study results and recommendations.
Creates and manages changes to larger scale electrical system analytical models under self direction that is leveraged across multiple mission areas.
- Peer Review/Oversight - Participates in defining and maintaining department peer review process.
Provides formal peer review of complex engineering system designs or analyses.
- Business Development -Prepares system technical proposal.
- Senior Member in national or international engineering association.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Electrical Engineering & 15 years or Masters in Engineering & 10 years experience.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position: CRS Cygnus Avionics Subsystem Lead/CAM (Cost Account Manager)
Role Summary: Cygnus Spacecraft Avionics Subsystem Lead/CAM for the combined C&DH (Command Data Handling) and EPS (Electrical Power System) subsystems.
Reports to: CRS Engineering Manager
General Subsystem CAM Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Technical Oversight
- Cost Control
- Schedule Control
- Personnel Oversight
- Attendance/participation at staff meetings, developmental reviews, monthly status revises, IRAD reviews, Capital Reviews, ERBs, PRBs, FRBs and submittal of weekly status reports
- Allocation of scheduled tasks to assigned personnel, maintenance of staff rosters and by-name staffing plans, and forecasting of long-term staffing levels to support updates to the Estimate at Complete (EAC)
- Schedule creation and performance monitoring, Earned Value Management System (EVMS) inputs and reporting and generation, maintenance of Work Authorization Document (WADs), charge number control, weekly monitoring of labor charges and tracking of “side-schedule” detailed task details (reports, drawings, memos, etc.)
- Procurement support (ePPAs, subcontract invoice review/approval, etc.) and assist in requirements development and preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation as required (SOWs, CDRLs and specifications) and Subcontractor technical oversight via assignment and management of Subcontract CogEs
- Ad-hoc support of engineering or program management requests and I&T and Mission Ops support
- Identify risks to program plans and schedules, support development of corrective action plans and conduct Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) technical evaluations.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to interfaces and standards or that appropriate deviations/waivers are in place.
- Participate in Failure Review Boards (FRBs) to adjudicate and resolve anomalies
- Support new business initiatives via generation of design concepts and BOE inputs
- Mentor junior engineers in terms of technical knowledge, work performance and career planning
- Manage EPS and C&DH teams in the areas of recurring Analyses, I&T Support, Requirements Verification, and Data Reviews
- Oversee hardware assembly, test, qualification and troubleshooting
- Provide Subcontract technical oversight for procured flight avionics and battery components
- Attend/support all related FRBs, MRBs and ERBs.
- Provide support to Systems, VM and PMO with trades, proposals.
- Provide subsystem-level architecture expertise
- Support the various program replan and earned value, etc.
- Prepare and present EPS and C&DH technical review
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years