Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SR. Production Planning Asst.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Production Planner Associate will work hand-in-hand with the Production Planner/ Scheduler to carry out the Production activities required to build spaceflight hardware meeting the delivery requirements per the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). This role will be “Program focused” or may be “Work Center focused”. Successful candidates for either role will possess the following core competencies:
- Use material requirement lists to support program schedule and production activities in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) or equivalent.
- Assist in determining raw material requirements, tooling requirements, and the procurement of these items to support the program manufacturing schedule. In addition, the Production Planner Associate will coordinate the procurement and/or transfer of parts to fill Work Orders and supply the necessary documentation to inventory for the issue of parts and materials for build requirements.
- The Production Planning Associate will also prepare the manufacturing build documentation (build packages) to support manufacturing production. The build documentation includes Work Authorization Forms (WAF’s), Manufacturing Orders (MO’s), operation sheets, routers, Work Instructions, and all necessary released design documentation required to manufacture the item.
- During build activities, the Production Planning Associate will monitor production activities associated with the manufacture, inspection, and test of product. Also, coordinate shipping activities and monitor potential scheduling problems to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials and product accurately timed to meet production schedule and program requirements. The Production Planning Associate shall report, troubleshoot and expedite production problems which may impact manufacturing schedules and perform related duties as assigned or required.
- Resource allocation, leadership, employee monitoring, math, time management, teamwork and communication skills, familiarity with production processes and schedules, logistics, quality control and raw materials, familiarity with accounting software, logistics planning software, Microsoft Office and manufacturing software.
Excellent communication skills are required to interface with vendors, purchasing, engineering, quality, inventory, shipping/receiving, and management. A high degree of organizational skill is also required to keep status, build, and production requirements.
The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Project. A successful candidate will possess an associate’s degree in Business Administration, Manufacturing Management, Operations Management or a related business or technical field or equivalent. A minimum of 3 years of related job experience is required. The optimal candidate would have experience with TipQA, Costpoint, Windchill, MES, Solumina, COGNOS.
ducation and Experience
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED