Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Education and Experience:
1. Perform in-process and final inspections on product throughout the SMF work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, Integration and Test) and perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
2. Perform detailed inspections on both EEE and Mechanical components at the piece part level as well as the assembly and sub-assembly level.
3. Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
4. Assist in developing training material for assigned work center QA group.
5. Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
6. Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with Orbital Sciences Corporations ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
7. Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation for configuration audit to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
1. Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions
2. Minimum 10 years experience in Quality Assurance or relevant experience in Electrical or Mechanical field of work in performance of technical job function
3. Willingness to work 2nd shift activities is required.
4. Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
5. Above average technical writing skills is mandatory.
6. Current J-STD-001, NASA 8739.1 and NASA 8739.4 certifications are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED