Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Electrical Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Work with engineers and program personnel as part of an integrated product development team to develop FPGA design/code for avionics products
- Experience in the following technical areas:
- Embedded Firmware (VHDL)
- Performance simulation and modeling,
- Integration, troubleshooting, and system testing,
- Verification and validation of systems to customer requirements.
- Familiarity with MicroSemi/Actel/ Family of FPGAs, a plus
- Firmware Design and Implementation
- Design Documentation
- Requirements management,
- Interfacing with program management, customers, and customer representatives,
- Developing and presenting requirements, designs, plans, and results to customers and end-users,
Qualified candidates must have:
- BS/MS in electrical, computer engineering; mathematics, or physics,
- Minimum 7 years of experience in satellite communication systems engineering, implementation, and testing which must include at least 4 years in design of electronic circuits for use in harsh/space environments.
Ability to work independently, and also within an engineering team of varying disciplines.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years