Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Under specific guidance from the systems engineering team support maintenance of system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
- Implements system requirement changes in the Requirements Management database, under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Revises specification/interface definition documents and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Updates the requirements verification database to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement under direction of experienced engineers.
- Modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
- Implements changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Implements System Representations under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Supports system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, or mission operations under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Implements changes to system or subsystem analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Supports the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Runs existing models and simulations to collect data while under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Attends and prepares materials to supports system engineers during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
- Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
Education and Experience
BS in Engineering
Northrop Grumman is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year