Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Staff Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Serve as a professional authority in an engineering discipline or specialty area. Conduct preliminary and advanced design studies and prepare and present major portions of engineering proposals. Conceive and develop solutions to complex analytical, design, and test problems/failures that program(s) experience. Analyze and resolve important failures in test and service, often without recourse to intense theoretical studies and test programs. Assure continuity of design features for advanced design throughout a program. Write complex specifications and engineering reports as a result of advance studies, and special engineering investigations. Develop aspects of new design criteria for general application within their respective business group.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Reviewer of multiple company electrical engineering standards for completeness and accuracy.
Technical expert in at least one electrical engineering discipline.
Manages, assigns tasks to prepare for reviews, and presents electrical engineering materials during Requirements and Design Reviews and other formal program reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - Develops extremely innovative and ingenious solutions to solve technically complex and challenging problems.
- Liaison - As a leader of the team, actively motivates others, generates excitement, and acknowledges individual and team accomplishments.
Anticipates internal and external customer needs and finds innovative ways to provide for those needs.
Ensures escalation of issues, when required, is conducted in a disciplined manner.
Effective coach for other engineers in department.
Ensures technical positions are correct and adequately supported, provides support for subordinate engineers who find themselves standing alone.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Determine engineering tasks required for major project planning and execution.
Analyze system requirements and develop detailed planning, conceptual designs.
Manages the testing and/or evaluation/validation of complete system analytical models or actual system implementation. Knows how to troubleshoot the system behavior.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Oversee risk analysis on design, analyses, and planned activities.
Coach and oversee others in application of uncertainty quantification.
- Analysis and Design - Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts and contributes to the development of new principles, theories, and concepts.
Provide component or system level design direction based on the trade study results and recommendations.
Creates and manages changes to larger scale electrical system analytical models under self direction that is leveraged across multiple mission areas.
- Peer Review/Oversight - Participates in defining and maintaining department peer review process.
Provides formal peer review of complex engineering system designs or analyses.
- Business Development -Prepares system technical proposal.
- Senior Member in national or international engineering association.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 15 years or Masters in Engineering & 10 years or PhD in Engineering & 7 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years