Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supply Chain Management Intern
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Supply Chain Management Intern to provide leadership to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA offices.
We are seeking an intern in our Supply Chain Management Department who will primarily be providing administrative support as needed to the buying and subcontract staff. Duties will include contacting vendors via phone calls and email to solicit status of various items including open orders, delivery schedules, quote/proposals, and required forms and documentation. Will also interface cross functionally with internal customers to provide various statuses and solicit information and feedback.
Must be an energetic, success minded team member who possesses strong self-initiative and multi-tasking skills, as well as able to both work independently and as part of a team environment. Needs to be able to work at hands-on detail level as well as willing to learn cross-functional tasks to support team environment.
Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a degree in the area of Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Accounting. A GPA of 3.0 or higher in a 4.0 grade scale is desired. Please include your transcript with your resume. You must have obtained sophomore, junior, or senior status as of summer 2018.
This position can be for a sophomore, junior, or senior internship based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Sophomore status – must have completed 60 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained sophomore status as of summer 2018.
- Junior status – must have completed 90 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained junior status as of summer 2018.
- Senior status – must have completed 120 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained senior status as of summer 2018.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be a current student
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual with a positive "Can do “attitude
- Superior written, interpersonal and communication skills, over the phone AND face-to-face
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with deadlines
- Communicate clearly, and excel in a fast paced environment,
- Must be capable of multi-tasking while keeping attention to detail
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn new concepts
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year