Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Electrical Engineer (Recent College Grad)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Associate Electrical Engineer to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
Under close direction, perform a variety of basic engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, or testing of electronic hardware. Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to solution of engineering problems. Design and document or select commercially available equipment, coordinate design results with other design groups, evaluate the merits of the design under the direction of more senior engineers.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Introductory Understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
Technical expertise to complete assigned electrical engineering tasks.
Attends and prepares under close supervision materials to support electrical engineers during Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - With supervision, applies theoretical knowledge and engineering technical principles to solve basic electrical engineering problems.
- Liaison - Interacts well with other staff/team members, effective at relationships with peers and manager.
Responds in a timely manner to all requests.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Establish requirements and procedures to evaluate purchased equipment or EEE parts. Under supervision, supports the testing and/or evaluation/ validation of one or more elements of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Analysis and Design - Under relatively close direction, performs a variety of specific engineering tasks of an analysis, design, or test nature.
Education and Experience
1. BS in Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year