Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Contract Specialist
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK Defense Electronics Systems is a division of the Orbital ATK Defense Group. Our facility in Northridge, CA currently has an opening for a Associate Contracts Specialist supporting the Defense Electronics Systems Contracts Team.
Job Description: The successful candidate will participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
Minimum Qualification: Applicants must have 1– 3 years’ of experience possess a Bachelor Degree in Business, Legal or related field. Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and be a U.S. person.
Competencies for success:
- 1-3 years of experience in Contracts
- Proven ability to manage low-to-moderate risk and low-to-medium dollar value contracts
- Willingness to lead low dollar and low risk negotiations
- Able to submit clear and concise written contractual correspondence
- Working knowledge of the FAR and other federal acquisition/legal regulations
- Capable of balancing being organized and detail-oriented while managing multiple on-going priorities
- Knowledge of or ability to learn MS Excel, MS Access and MS Projects
- Knowledgeable of Department of Defense acquisition processes with a proven ability to understand Navy/international customer expectations and ways to resolve disconnects;
- High energy, organized, critical thinker with the ability to manage multiple on-going priorities.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years