Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK has an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Administrator at our Plymouth, MN location. This role will provide contract management support as directed by the Contracts Managers on assigned programs. This includes basic contract management tasks from proposal/pursuit phase through contract execution and closeout.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Act as primary interface with customer for contractual issues; Monitor contract and associated program to ensure that contractual obligations are communicated and understood.
- Participate in contract proposal preparation, contract negotiations, contract administration, and customer contract activities to manage assigned contracts in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Work under general supervision to develop solutions to both routine and complex contractual matters to ensure company compliance with contract requirements on assigned programs.
- Ensure fulfillment of contract requirements, manage contract changes and maintain historical information.
- Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist management in achieving financial goals related to cash management, EBIT and sales.
- Prepare and manage written communications with internal and external customers for assigned contractual matters.
- Enter contract data into Deltek CostPoint system.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent is required. A Master level degree is preferred (MBA, JD).
- Request 1-3 years of contract administration experience or 2-4 years of other professional experience. Some experience with international contracts is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be proficient in MS Office and be very detail oriented.
- Familiarity with FAR, DFARS and defense contracting is preferred as well as experience with US government and international customers.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time including possible international travel.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years