Orbital ATK Careers
Principal Contracts Administrator
Orbital ATK is seeking a Principal Contracts Administrator for the Plymouth, MN location.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK’s Armament Systems Division seeks a Principal Contract Administrator for our Plymouth, MN location.
Our ideal candidate will provide contract management on assigned programs with minimal direction by Contracts Managers. This includes complex contract management tasks from proposal/pursuit phase through contract execution and closeout.
- Act as primary interface with customer for contractual issues; Monitor contract and associated program to ensure that contractual obligations are communicated and understood.
- Lead team in negotiation of international, U.S. Government, and/or commercial contracts in areas of a high complexity; demonstrated ability to handle multiple ongoing negotiations in parallel.
- Mitigate risk through review and negotiation of contractual terms and conditions to ensure protection of company interests; assist proposal team with balancing risks and opportunities for new programs. Ability to organize/compile, review for adequacy, and support fact finding/audit of certified cost or pricing data proposals; Manage Past Performance Volume for competitively bid proposals, including making contract selections, data mining, creating graphics, writing narratives, and supporting color team reviews.
- Work under minimal supervision to develop solutions to complex contractual matters to ensure company compliance with contract requirements and company policies on assigned programs.
- Assist management in achieving financial goals related to cash management, EBIT and sales.
- Prepare and manage written communications with internal and external customers for assigned contractual matters.
- Enter contract data into Deltek CostPoint system.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent is required. A Master level degree is preferred (MBA, JD).
- Requires 9+ years of contract administration experience preferably including work with international contracts.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be proficient in MS Office and be detail oriented.
- Able to travel up to 20% of time including possible international travel.
- Familiarity with FAR, DFARS and defense contracting is preferred as well as experience with US government and international customers.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years