Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Contracts Administrator
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems is seeking a Principal Contracts Administrator for the Plymouth, MN location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Our ideal candidate will provide contract management on assigned programs with minimal direction by Contracts Managers. This includes complex contract management tasks from proposal/pursuit phase through contract execution and closeout.
- Act as primary interface with customer for contractual issues; Monitor contract and associated program to ensure that contractual obligations are communicated and understood.
- Lead team in negotiation of international, U.S. Government, and/or commercial contracts in areas of a high complexity; demonstrated ability to handle multiple ongoing negotiations in parallel.
- Mitigate risk through review and negotiation of contractual terms and conditions to ensure protection of company interests; assist proposal team with balancing risks and opportunities for new programs. Ability to organize/compile, review for adequacy, and support fact finding/audit of certified cost or pricing data proposals; Manage Past Performance Volume for competitively bid proposals, including making contract selections, data mining, creating graphics, writing narratives, and supporting color team reviews.
- Work under minimal supervision to develop solutions to complex contractual matters to ensure company compliance with contract requirements and company policies on assigned programs.
- Assist management in achieving financial goals related to cash management, EBIT and sales.
- Prepare and manage written communications with internal and external customers for assigned contractual matters.
- Enter contract data into Deltek CostPoint system.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent is required. A Master level degree is preferred (MBA, JD).
- Requires 9+ years of contract administration experience preferably including work with international contracts.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be proficient in MS Office and be detail oriented.
- Able to travel up to 20% of time including possible international travel.
- Familiarity with FAR, DFARS and defense contracting is preferred as well as experience with US government and international customers.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years